I like to carry an emergency bag with me around for those just in case mini ‘personal’ emergencies! (or if a co-worker or stranger needs anything!) I’ve had many personal emergencies in the past and a number of people have helped me! Why not pay it forward?
I bought this cute medical bag a couple years ago from Etsy and I still adore it! (I don’t remember the exact store I bought this item from but here’s a similar one!) yay, for supporting small businesses.
Here are a few things in my emergency kit:
- bandaids – because all emergency kits need to have band-aids. And besides, I have had my fair share of paper cuts! (those MCAT books, hehe)
- hair ties and bobby pins – I have long hair that always gets in my way. Most of my co-workers are males where they carry rubber bands with them — which I prefer not to use.
- deodorant- I have run out of the house many times without putting on deodorant and luckily, I have a small one I carry around with me! I don’t want to have BO around my patients!!
- Ibuprofen- for headaches, abdominal cramps … etc. These are a lifesaver for those random, out of the blue pains! We do have a gift shop that carries OTC medications but why must they charge so much?!
- chapstick- I seriously carry at least THREE chap sticks with me everywhere and at least one stays in the bag in case I forget the others!! I am trying a new lip balm a follower suggested on Instagram! (thanks for the suggestion!!)
- energy beans/snack – a little pick me up during those hungry times/low energy. These energy beans are soooo good (I prefer the orange flavored ones). I don’t know if they give me the extra energy but I’ll take it!!
- tampons- who knows when mother nature decides to drop in and say hello!
- perfume – I like to dab a little perfume around my neck. It makes me feel nicer! and a little fancy 🙂
- hand sanitizer – I rather wash my hands when I can but carry hand sanitizer with me just in case I don’t have a sink/soap nearby!
What’s in your emergency kit?